Collaborative workspace or shared workspace enables professionals from different industries to work under the same roof. Initially, only freelancers and gig workers adopted this approach to the corporate culture. However, after the pandemic even large multinational businesses are also considering working from the coworking space in Dubai.
8 Tips to Choose the Best Coworking Space for you
- Flexibility – Some of the best coworking spaces in Dubai are offering collaborative office and creative studio spaces on an hourly basis. This is one of the flexible packages being offered to people.
- Amenities – There are certain basic amenities that coworking spaces need to provide such as Wi-Fi, power outlets for phones, laptops and other such devices, a cafeteria for tea or coffee and refreshments, clean and hygienic washrooms, parking and more.
- Environment – Some prefer busy working environments, whereas, some find it easier to focus in a laid-back atmosphere. If you like working from a busy office that is always buzzing with people, you can select from a range of cafes and hotels offering coworking spaces in Dubai. But if you prefer quiet then office spaces or creative studios can address your needs better.
- Type of coworking space – Most collaborative office space organisations will offer you a range of spaces and you choose from them depending on your needs. For example, meetings, rooms, office spaces, coworking spaces and so on. If you only have a client meeting which you suspect will take about 2-3 hours, you just book a meeting room for AED 53/hour or AED 315/day.
- Costs – Working from a shared space is supposed to lower your costs. Please be mindful of the costs you need to bear while selecting a coworking office space. Select flex spaces that will only charge you for the amenities you use; if you’re a freelancer and using only a meeting room and WiFi, you should only be charged for that. Consider your financial responsibilities before investing in any coworking spaces.
- Support – Research thoroughly about the company and the support it provides to its consumers or tenants. Ensure that you have adequate technical support, should you experience any difficulties, as well as operation support.
- Technologically innovative – Since you’ll be using shared spaces as your office, you need to ensure they can provide you with adequate security and privacy. Especially for the work that you do in those offices, you may need certain solutions or support. Hence, smart office facilities, uninterrupted Wi-Fi or data protection and so on need to be provided by these spaces.
- Community events – Community events are a great way of networking. You can expand your pool of clients or prospective consumers through adequate networking at these events. So, try to select a venue that organizes such events regularly.
There are many things to consider before selecting the best coworking space for you in Dubai. In addition to flexibility, environment, support, technology, community events, costs and type; you also need to consider the location. Pick a location that is convenient for you and your team members or your clients.
Use these tips to find the best coworking space in Dubai for you!